Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PLN17

In the article What if? by Karl Fisch, Fisch discusses how the use of cell phones and iPods during class has been banned at Arapahoe High School and he disagrees with this rule because he feels these devises can be used as tools to better kids learning. The ideas and concepts in the article matter to me, education, and the world. The ideas in the article matter to me because as a student of Arapahoe I have these rules imposed upon me. I know that these devises can be used inappropriately during school, but I also believe that with the consent of the teacher in question students should be allowed to use their devises to schedule homework and use tools on their phone such as a calculator. The ideas in the article matter to education because schools need to accept that cell phones and other mechanical devises can be used in educational and positive ways and then make their rules accordingly. The concepts in the article matter to the world because mechanical devices such as cell phones are becoming more widely and more frequently used. Therefore businesses, schools, and people will have to adapt and incorporate new technologies. The ideas and concepts in the article What if? by Karl Fisch matter to me, education, and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment