Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What Matters to me, Nick Farmen

Everything in my life whether it’s something I do, something I believe in, or the people I see, they all matter to me. These things include close friends, family, faith, music, and sports!


My closest friends are Abigail and Jacob. Though one of these people lives half a globe away, they both still have infinite worth to me. These two friends matter to me because I can go to them at anytime and open-up. Not only will they listen to what I have to say, but they aren’t afraid to tell me what I need to hear. I am thankful for them everyday

My family is all I have. When I have nowhere else to turn, they will always be there. My family matters me greatly because they make me stronger with laughter and truth.

God is my rock. My Christian beliefs have opened my eyes to see my calling in life, and helped me to determine right from wrong. Being a Christian is more than just words, however, I attend church every Sunday to better familiarize myself with the reason that I am on this earth. God matters so much to me, because I would not be where I am today without him.

Holla! Music is what relieves me from my day to day stresses, whether it’s from being at school or from the large sums of school workloads. Another reason why music matters a lot to me is because it gives me a chance to be creative by writing lyrics, and to be myself by dancing and jamming to the beat.

Blood, sweat, and tears are all that come from sports, but I love it! Baseball, Tennis, and Basketball give me a chance to not only stay fit, but to help me pursue my dream of one day becoming a professional athlete. Sports doesn’t just matter to me, it gives my life a meaning, and can gain you respect. Through sports I can take on volunteer opportunities, and donate my time and one day my money, to the children and people in the world that are less fortunate.

From God and the people that make me better to the sports that can make everyone better, I love my life and everything in it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment