Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What Matters to Me: Jack D


            
There are many things that matter to me:  my family, soccer, my future and Geneva Glen.  My family is very important to me because they support me in almost every thing that I do.  Without my family, my life would be very boring and I would feel disconnected and alone.  My brother, Seth, is a senior at Arapahoe High School and plays varsity soccer.  He is a big role model in my life, for soccer as well as demonstrating good character.  My mother is a cancer survivor and a nurse.  She helps me through many of the struggles I have had in my life.  She helps me get through problems in my life because she is a great person to talk with.  My dad is a non profit fund raiser who also sings when he is not working.  Soccer and snowboarding also matter me greatly.  Soccer matters to me because I have been playing since I have been 5 years old, and many of my friends play soccer as well.  It is a fun experience that teaches you discipline and allows you to improve and grow with each year you spend committed to the sport.  Snowboarding matters to me because it is a cool and unique experience that many people do not get a chance to experience in their lifetime.  I am lucky to live in Colorado and that I can drive to the mountains to snowboard easily.  My future matters to me because I want to make the right choices with what I do for the rest of my life.   I realize now that day to day choices that I make will impact my future and so I strive to do well and make good choices.  Geneva Glen is a camp I go to.  It matters to me because it has made me develop characteristics that I would not have had if I had not gone there.  Unlike most camps that are just about having fun, Geneva Glen is about developing good character in men and women.  In the future I would like to work at this camp as either a counselor or on the work crew.  I have been going for nine years and would like this to continue as long as possible.  Geneva Glen has given me the ability to stand up for what I know is right and the ability to connect with others through sharing good morals and behavior that reflects my integrity.  Clearly all of these things are a big part of my life and I will cherish these things forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment